End of the School Year Suggestions

Friday, June 14, 2019
The end of the year is such a busy but treasured time! It's our last opportunity to reteach content & love on our munchkins. But, if you're like me, you're also craving summer break something fierce!

One of my *NEW* favorite end of the year activities is taking chalk pictures with my students. I posted these on Class Dojo for the parents and also on Twitter to share with their future third grade teachers. Parents & admin loved them! They were such a hit!

I originally got the idea from @mathandmorein104 on Instagram. She was inspired by @ourelementarydaze who has some other cute chalk art photo ideas. I've also seen this done as a Mother's Day gift! This was so easy to accomplish. I took a couple minutes to draw this during recess and grabbed the students a couple at a time to take their photos. I have two key suggestions if you do this....

1) Draw an X on the ground where you want them to place their head. It also helps to gather a couple kids at a time so they can learn from the person ahead of them.

2) Make sure they're wearing sunglasses. We discovered this tip mid photo shoot and I let them all wear mine... and then Clorox wiped them. haha

Another one of my favorite end of the year activities is an awards day complete with a red carpet for students to walk as they accept their awards! I've done a number of different awards but this year I used the Bitmoji Student Awards by TeachCreateMotivate! My students loved them. Ashley Marquez' directions for downloading the Bitmoji Chrome extensions were very easy to follow & now I use my bitmoji for so many other things! Here are a few examples I made this year!


Best wishes for a smooth, fun, and memorable end of the year with your sweetheart students! We pour so much into them, it can be hard to say goodbye at the end of the year. I enjoy remaining at the same school with hopes of watching them succeed year after year.

No comments