Sneak-a-Peek at my Open House Routines

Friday, July 5, 2019

Open house is a such an exciting time for all! Teachers are meeting their sweet kids for the first time, kids are seeing the room that will be their "home away from home" for the next year, and parents are meeting the person who they'll trust this child with for 8 hours a day. Here are some things I love to have set up and ready to go to make everyone feel welcome & to ensure things flow smoothly.

1) Treat- I also love to have a little gift for kiddos when they come in. Last year I did popcorn with cute tags that said, "Welcome! Thanks for popping in!"

2) Welcome Paperwork- I always put these into a folder. One side contains the "complete now" paperwork and the other side is reading material for parents to take home. It's a handy place for them to keep everything and refer back to when needed.

 

I also make these cute stickers to go inside the folder so parents can easily see what needs to be done now vs. later. These are made on 1.5 x 1.5 inch Avery sticker labels. I used the Bitmoji Chrome extension to save the images I wanted. These are also fun to make & apply to student work throughout the year. 



If you need to grab some folders for your back to school paperwork, Target is having a SALE for TEACHERS! Sign up for your coupon here.


3) Wish List- Parents spend lots of money in the beginning of the school year to buy supplies. I try to be considerate of everyone's financial situations. I often say these are the 3 most important items for your child & these are 3 items we don't need as much because we have a lot left over. However, some families are able to give a little extra so I always set out a wish list. Parents can choose an apple to take home with them and send in the item when it's convenient or affordable for them. 



Best of luck with open house, sneak a peek, or meet the teacher!
You've got this!

No comments